Yesterday we started our P-Day by going to the Church History Library where I went in and asked for a copy of my Patriarchal Blessing. I forgot to bring mine with me and felt I should be reading it. I filled out a form and a few minutes later a nice young man brought it to me. I immediately got tears in my eyes--just like the people do when we show them a record belonging to one of their ancestors. This place just seems to do that to us...
Next we went to the post office and got Destiney's birthday present in the mail. Can't believe she'll be 18 next week. That doesn't seem possible.
Then we went to DI. We seldom go a week without a stop there. We went to the one at Welfare Square. It's really big. I wanted a winter skirt--something WARM. My winter skirts from home are thin rayon, just in darker colors than the summer ones. It's getting cooler every day and mighty breezy on the walk to and from the library. So lo and behold I found a wool skirt that fit me! I was so amazed, and another skirt that wasn't wool, but so cute, a zip-up vest, a lightweight jacket, a short-sleeve sweater and at the DI in Sandy a long-sleeve beige t-shirt with a Santa. What finds! I was so excited.
It wasn't late at all and we could see the snow on the mountains. I decided we really needed to go up one of the canyons and see the snow and send pictures to the kids. We headed up to Snowbird and when we got to the top, the snow was on the ground, not just on the mountains. We grabbed chunks and took pictures and by then my hands were frozen. I jumped back in the car, turned up the heater and was ready to head down the mountain. I had seen snow. I love seeing it, I'm just not crazy about being out IN it, and walking in it has me truly worried.
![]() |
| This is where the snow belongs! |
![]() |
| Watch out! |
![]() |
| I'll get you! |




No comments:
Post a Comment