Last Wednesday, the 8th, was the day they give us to go to the temple and do research. We had called the Mosers, who live in Preston, Idaho. They served a full time mission at the Institute at Lamar and we were there part-time. We liked them a lot and we found out they are now serving in the Logan Temple, so we decided to go to Logan and meet up with them. We met for lunch at Chuck-A-Rama, which was a mistake because they have LOTS of good food and the dessert is so yummy! Ashlee Hillin from Buna is living with them this summer and will be teaching in Idaho Falls in the fall, so we got to see all of them. It stormed really bad on the way to Logan, but cleared out after we were there awhile. We so enjoyed our time with our friends and getting to go to the temple with them.
![]() |
| The Mosers with us at Chuck-A-Rama |
![]() |
| Ashlee and Patty |
Coincidence #1: On the way home we decided to go through Brigham City and see the temple Pres. Packer dedicated not too long ago. It's so pretty and we want to go back. We decided to get some dinner and found a little drive-in that reminded us of a previous time--they had homemade ice cream and hand-cut fries! We were sitting there eating when this pretty girl walked up and said. "Are you the Ruggles from Silsbee, Texas?" What?!? "Yes, we are." She was a girl who had served in our ward twice and I'm sure she remembered us because Robert served her raccoon chili! Sister Perks has been home about 8 months and is going to school in Logan. We just all happened to be at that little drive-in at the same time...
Friday we left the FH Library 2 hours early to attend the wedding of my former roommate, Sherry. When I say "former"--like 40 years ago! It was held at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, which is just a beautiful place. Between them, Sherry and Steve have 10 kids and 19 grand kids, and all were there except one of Steve's boys. Everything was beautiful. The wedding took place in a beautiful rose garden and the sit down dinner was in a lovely area outside with linen cloths on the tables and clear glass goblets--one of the guests said, "They were brave to do this with this many kids." The cake was scrumptious--the bottom layer was triple chocolate with chocolate ganache, the top layer was lemonade something with strawberries and the groom's cake was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting--all to die for! The granddaughters had white lace dresses with flower rings in their hair and all the little boys wore khaki shorts, white shirts and green ties. It was just all too darling. I loved seeing Sherry dance with her kids and grand kids and loved hearing Steve's son say he hasn't seen his dad this happy in years. Did my heart good.

Coincidence #2: Today at the library was "international" day for me--I helped a family from the Netherlands, a couple from Spain, a lady from Nicaragua, then was on the front desk for an hour and 3 ladies came in and one of them was carrying a bag that said "Moapa Valley Pirates." I asked, "Are you from Moapa Valley, Nevada?" "Yes, how did you know?" "I have friends there," I told them. "Do you know the Munfords?" She said, "Do you mean Liz, Susan's sister? Susan and I were at the same school for years!" I said, "Susan and I were leaders at Girls' Camp together for years!" Wow! Small world.
Coincidence #3: Then a lady came up to the desk, looked at my name tag and said, "Sister Ruggles, I was your instructor last semester." It was Beth Taylor, who taught my class at BYUI. We were facebook friends because of an assignment we had, so she knew we were on a mission up here and she used to work in the library, but now works in the JSMB in the FH dept., coming up with new things for us to use--amazing. She was talking to the lady who is in the orientation film we show 100 times a day--now I've seen her in person.
Tomorrow we're going to Sister Muhlavi's homecoming talk, so that'll be two weeks in a row we won't be in our own ward. It really seems there aren't enough hours in the day to do all that we'd like to do. I truly love helping people in the library. It's so satisfying and I love seeing them light up with excitement when they find records for their family.



No comments:
Post a Comment