Last Friday, the 26th, we completed our training at the Family History Library. We did a week of basic FamilySearch--mostly review, but depending on our experience and what all we covered with our trainers at the Joseph Smith Building, it may have been review and it may have been new. As we moved around the library we became more familiar with the layout of it.
There are five floors with books, microfilm, computers. The first floor, where we'll be, is United States/Canada beginning research. If they're beyond that we refer them to the second floor. There are also floors for the English Isles and an international floor.
We're on the schedule for next week. We switch stations every hour. My biggest concern at the moment is that when I'm assigned to the front desk or the exit desk, they're about chest high and we sit on a tall stool behind them and I can't get up there! Oh, woe is me for my shortness!
For a continuing saga: I got another pair of white shoes yesterday. We'll see if these work out. We also found an alterations shop, so next Tuesday (our P day--preparation day--day off) we're going to have them shorten Robert's new suit. The alterations Penney's did when we bought it were not well done and he's lost weight since we bought it and it's too long. I would do it myself, but they put about a 3 inch hem in the pants and I can't shorten them without cutting them off, so want someone else to do it.


No comments:
Post a Comment