January 2015--We decided for sure we would fill out our mission papers and request to serve at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We had spoken with the Daily's about their Records Preservation Mission and knew they needed a replacement couple to do what they had been doing, but supervising other missionaries didn't feel like "the" fit for us. We wanted the connection with people doing research, hopefully be able to help them, and feel the excitement when they would find someone they had been looking for for a long time. We met with our bishop and he gave us the site to go to online to begin our paperwork.
10 February 2015--Our dental appointment with Dr Worsley was at 11:00 in the morning and our appointment for physicals was at 3:20 that same afternoon. Everything is falling into place! We've talked to Jessica Cryer about living in the house while we're gone and think it will all work out. We both feel really good about it.
20 February 2015--Our mission papers are complete from our end and turned into our bishop. Still need to meet with the Stake President. We have talked Brother and Sister Schoenfeld a couple of times. He is the executive secretary to the mission president and has been very good to send us information about the mission. His wife has answered a lot of questions for me about housing--what will be furnished, what to bring, what not to bring,etc. Robert went to WalGreen and had his shingles and pneumonia shots in case those are required. I had the shingles shot back in 2012 before my last year of teaching--afraid the stress would bring it on--turned out to be one of my best years ever!
26 February 2015--We met with President Little. We told him about the sentence he needs to put in there that we are requesting to serve at the Family History Center and he told us he would put it in and send off the papers.
25 March 2015--We got an e-mail from Elder Schoenfeld--"Any news yet?" NOOO! We were going crazy--checking the mail every day! Still nothing...
28 March 2015--Our letter came! They boys had said they'd both be here when we opened the letter, but Paul and Aimee were in Lufkin helping a friend and we said we couldn't wait another day. Matthew and Meghan and Mason came and we opened it--did it on Skype so Paul could see it too. We're called to the Salt Lake City Family History Center and report to the MTC on June 1. Wow, that sounds like a long way away! We have been going through drawers and closets here at the house and getting rid of stuff. What will we do for two more months?
8 April 2015--We started our round of shots. They asked us "Where are you going? Why hepatitis shots?"We told them "Because we will be working with the public a lot." Really, how should we know? We just do as we're told!
28 April 2015--We had book club here sort of last minute and we're feeding the missionaries on Saturday. I told Robert, "That's the end of our 'entertaining'". It's too hard to get ready for company when we have so much to do. I guess there really was plenty to do to fill up the time before we go.
1 May 2015--Meg came and helped me put together outfits and make a list of what I still need to get. We got Robert a new suit back in February, but couldn't get another to fit him and decided to wait until we get to SLC for a second one. I've ordered 2 dresses, a blouse and a cardigan on-line, but need some dressy-type blouses to go with the skirts I already have. Hope the "prairie skirts" and peach denim jacket will be o.k. I'm taking them, hoping.
4 May 2015--I went to four stores and bought one blouse! I was totally exhausted when I got home.
5 May 2015--I went back and hit Dillard's (one top and one shawl--on sale!), Kohl's (two blouses, one cardigan--peach, I love it!, and a necklace), and DressBarn (two blouses). Found another necklace I really liked at Kohl's, but in the wrong colors. So Meghan said, "This is how we fix this." She pulled out her phone, took a picture of it and said, "Now, let's go to Hobby Lobby." We got the beads in the right colors and she made me the prettiest turquoise necklace for the peach colored dress. Love it!
8 May 2015--Finished our shots today. Glad to have that complete.
13 May 2015--Finally got a perm. I've been waiting weeks for that--wanted it to be close to when we leave.



No comments:
Post a Comment