May 27, 2015 Last evening we had an appointment with President Little to be set apart. We had invited our kind, faithful home teacher, Brother Vashaw, to be there, as well as Matthew and Meghan. Paul doesn't get home from work in time to be there. For me, it was quite the evening. As he set Robert apart and referred to him as "Elder Ruggles" it made me think back 37 years to when I met Robert. He was "Elder Ruggles" then. For quite some time he was just one of the elders, the guys we fed and enjoyed getting to know, and they moved on. As we talked, I realized he was my age and he was concerned about the kids the way I was--some of the kids who were having a tough time making some important decisions and going down the right path. Then my thoughts turned to the last time we were in that office for a setting apart and it was 13 years ago when Matthew was leaving for his mission. Oh, the changes we've seen since that day. President Little talked about the example we were setting for our family. It's been quite the circle--Robert to Matthew and now to us. I hope we will be able to be there when Mason is set apart, and hopefully other grandchildren.
Today Robert has packed the car. We're not leaving until Friday, but we had to see if we would have to go to a Plan B. I think it's all going to fit--hopefully!
I love the blog! Keep it coming!
ReplyDelete